Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

New meds and babies

Well, we were trying to add Abilify in hopes of lowering my dose of Haldol. I'm thinking it's not going to work. I've been having more and more symptoms recently. At first I thought it was fine, but it's been a few weeks now and the hallucinations are coming back.

After a birth control failure and chemical pregnancy we've decided to think about starting to try for a baby again. While this is super exciting news, it's also terrifying. I don't want to be on any psych meds while pregnant and I'm iffy about it while trying to get pregnant. So that means learning to deal with the hallucinations and paranoia again. I've been having a hard time with auditory hallucinations recently. They're so distracting. I usually know they're hallucinations, but still.

Blake is scared about me going off the meds. I'm totally ready to stop them. I know I can do this. It's not going to be easy, but I can do it. It'll be a few months before that happens, so plenty of conversations about it to be had. But I think I can do it.

I need to take a few months to make sure my vit B levels are where they should be since I've had a history of spina bifida. I don't want to risk that. So at my appointment today I'll be asking for a new prescription of methyl folate. I've only been taking it sporadically the last few months.


No comments:

Post a Comment